Thursday, February 24, 2011

Alpaca and Ewe Episode 1

Welcome to the Alpaca and Ewe Video Podcast. I'm so glad you could join me. My name is Gail, (knitamaniac on Ravelry) I'm 55 years old, live in Northeast Ohio and am a knitting, spinning, weaving, sewing, podcasting junkie. I love to do all things fiber related and usually can be found with earbuds in my ears listening or watching the latest knitting podcasts.
A little about me, I live on an alpaca farm, raise strictly fiber animals and I produced yarns, batts, and rovings to sell, have a small store here on the farm in partnership with my friend, Cathi, list on Etsy and Artfire, love kids, animals and anything crafty.
My goal for this podcast is to look at knitting and spinning from another angle. I'd like to let you see the fibers still on the animals and take you through the year as the fiber is sheared, cleaned, picked, carded, spun and made on into yarns, then products. I won't have individual segments like most podcasts but instead will focus each week on a different process in our journey to the end products. We'll visit fiber related shows, shearings, alpaca and sheep events and all sorts of other fun crafty journeys. It won't very often be me sitting in front of the camera but will be more of a traveling podcast introducing you to the fine world of fiber.
My first podcast is also my first ever attempt at creating a movie. I made a few mistakes along the way which I hope you'll forgive. I promise to get better with practice!

10 comments:

  1. I loved seeing the alpacas in their barn - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video cast! I love seeing alpaca's I wish we had the land and knowledge to do something like that :) I also live in Ohio (NW) and this snow is just nuts. I cant wait to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! The boys are cute and impish looking:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your podcast! A nice change from the ones I've been watching. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really excited about your videoblog - it's something new and fun! Sometimes the knitting ones tend to blur together when you watch as many as I do (not that I don't love them) so it's nice to see something completely different.

    I'm also a mom of 6 (from 13 to 30-something)and I can appreciate someone in my age bracket jumping in where it seems to be lots of the younger crafters carving out a niche. Props to you!

    I'm looking forward to lots more information on your animals (don't forget keeping us updated on those bunnies. I would love to have a couple angoras) and your knitting. That shawl of yours was lovely. :-)

    Patti/wombatknitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed your podcast. (My 2-yr old grandson loved seeing the animals too!)

    Thanks so much. I'll certainly be back.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing! I am in love with Sabastian!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great first vidcast!! Loved seeing the animals and hearing about the care and feeding of the alpacas. I look forward to the next episode.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This podcast was so much fun! I loved seeing your farm and meeting all the alpacas! I cannot wait for your next podcast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great vidcast! I've subscribed to the blog with google reader so I don't miss anything.

    ReplyDelete